Wednesday, November 18, 2009

F U Penguin by Matthew Gasteier



Inspired by the popular blog, F U, Penguin, this book is filled with color photographs and funny, though biting, commentary addressed to our furry friends.

I received a copy of this book from Random House while I was away on vacation. It's not a book I would typically read considering my total lack of sense of humor--or at least that's what my husband says.

Based upon the over 8100 followers this blog has, it is obvious that author Matthew Gasteier has a dedicated readership. I just can't include myself among them. While Gasteier might say what some of us might think, I just don't see the humor in tossing obscenities around like you do one dollar bills to strippers. I lost count of how many F-bombs there were, and comparing some animal's facial expressions to female anatomy isn't exactly my idea of a good read.

I did find some of the selections downright hilarious, but those were the few that didn't include swears or vulgarity. I will say that the photography in this book is superb, the pictures crisp and clear. Each page included some additional bordered text and many of those tidbits were the funniest parts for me.

While F U, Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What wasn't exactly my style of book, it has received several excellent reviews at Amazon and it has a good rank there too, so you can feel free to check it out and decide for yourself.


Title: F U, Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What
Author: Matthew Gasteier
Publisher: Villard Books
ISBN: 978-0-345-51816-3
SRP: $15.00 (US)

No comments: